The Sr. Systems Engineer is a member of the technical staff working as technical support in a SETA role, on the customer’s Tactical Compliance Veriﬁcation and Interoperability Assessments Team. The Sr. Systems Engineer will:
- Perform technical consultation to improve the effectiveness of tactical intelligence systems as a team member responsible for assessing Tactical SIGINT Systems found on a variety of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, ships and ground platforms used by US and allied armed forces.
- Work with government and contractors to improve tactical SIGINT system effectiveness by assessing Interoperability, Connectivity, Modernization, Security and Supportability (ICMSS); assess standards implementation; evaluate documentation; and participate in technical reviews at key acquisition phases.
- Work with senior Department of Defense and Intelligence Community acquisition engineers and user representatives to identify ICMSS risks and opportunities in the architectural designs of those systems.
- With minimal, high-level direction, working independently or as a member of a small team, conduct system-of-systems interoperability and technical assessments of the design and operating environment of systems based on validated effectiveness criteria.
- Recommend actions based on the ﬁndings in formal Assessment Reports or frequent informal technical communications.
- Work with the acquisition community, military Service Cryptologic Components of the US and our Allies, and industry stakeholders to maintain expert knowledge of current and emerging SIGINT solutions and understand the technical challenges related to tactical SIGINT interoperability within the 5-Eyes partners.
- Work with teammates to develop and maintain a model interrelating requirements, system capabilities, technology implementation, and standards.
- Contribute to the reﬁnement of ICMSS system effectiveness criteria in the context of emerging system’s architecture and requirements.
- Participate in various SIGINT Working Groups; prepare and review technical assessments; and review SIGINT technologies
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below: Prior military SIGINT systems hands-on experience. Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements speciﬁcations. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership. Knowledge of operational SIGINT data ﬂows.
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Multi-service, multi-intelligence background.
- Experience with system acquisition requirements, technical requirements documents, and reviews.
- Familiarity with system design document preparation and JROC architecture products
- Familiarity with DoDAF v2.0 is highly desired
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability