The Sustainment Engineering Manager conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level. Conducts threat modeling exercises. Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Report directly to Chief Engineer/Architect
• Primary technical responsibility for all sustainment work efforts
• Implement methodologies and approaches to establish consistency in sustainment activities and provide day-to-day oversight of sustainment team(s) conducting the following activities:
• Engineering, analysis and trade studies leading to recommendations for project investments to sustain satellite ground systems
• Agile Engineering & Development focused on HW/SW Refresh, Functional Improvements, and Capability Enhancement
• Collaborate with NOAA customer to assess sustainment needs and requirements
• Convene regular technical reviews of sustainment task(s), and development projects
• Develop all task order proposals for development projects
• Requires strong written and verbal presentation skills including formal and informal presentation of work and assessments to critical audience
• Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
• 5-10 years of experience in project management, information technology solutions, operations and maintenance of networked infrastructures with a minimum of 5 years of experience with satellite ground systems
• Experience in providing sustainment solutions in a wide variety of customer and enterprise IT environments covering Infrastructure (Compute, Storage and Networking) and Application Software.
• Experience with developing trade studies, cost versus risk analyses, performance assessment, cyber security impacts
• Excellent written and presentation communication skills
• Currently hold a Secret Clearance, position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
• Has 10+ years of Government and/or Industry experience, including 5+ years with NOAA, NASA or Air Force Space-related efforts
• Experience with Agile Development, Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration Test and Deployment as part of a DevOps Team
• Leadership experience in oversight and management of satellite ground systems implementations, upgrades, and sustainment activities
• PMP certification desired but not necessary.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification desired but not necessary.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability