This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 447469
Location: GREENBELT, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Spaceflight Hardware Quality Engineer on the OMES II contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in support of the Mission Control System segment of the Ground System for Restore-L. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
• Participate in technical reviews, material review boards (MRBs) and failure review boards (FRBs), as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in an engineering-related discipline) and 5 years of aerospace hardware quality-related experience.
• Must have hands-on hardware workmanship inspection experience.
• Experience operating in controlled workspaces due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive device or cleanroom protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately assess situations and ensure issues are escalated to the level of technical and management personnel.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time during some phases of development.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of a variety of organizations.
• Workmanship inspection certification to the NASA Workmanship Standards and/or IPC J-STD-001.
• ISO 9001 or AS9100 auditor training/certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability