Project Management Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 192749
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 30, 2019
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Project Management Specialist to Assist the Government Program Manager to manage specific task order(s) and ensure that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner by the vendor.
- Perform enterprise wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems
- Develop well-written defined requirements, justifications, and project scope statements for individual projects in accordance with PMO and customer mission.
- Assist the PM to manage cost, schedule, and performance of daily activities for several projects. Track the project budgets against the actual costs and forecast costs to completion. Control the project, in part, by leveraging formal change management identifying and mitigating risk.
- Maintain and update the integrated master schedule (IMS) and project plans in MS Project.
- Report project status on a weekly basis to key project participants such as senior Army leaders and other project stakeholders.
- Facilitate networking interactions between DoD customers and industry. Ability to work with, communicate to and influence personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Generate and promote the use of templates, schedules, and best practices.
- B.S. Degree in a technical discipline or certificate and/or experience commensurate to education.
- Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, and Power Point required.
- Experience in Army/Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition, budget and Information Technology (IT) voice systems lifecycle management.
- PMP certification desired.
- Knowledgeable regarding Program Management Office (PMO) project management methodology. Previous Army experience preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability