Job ID: 447184
Location: DAYTON, OH, United States
Date Posted: May 8, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Chief Systems Engineer to provide advice and expertise to the United States Air Force on weapon system acquisitions. The position requires a candidate with extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale weapon systems. The position requires a candidate with in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and systems engineering for United States Air Force projects and programs. The candidate will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Air Force acquisition senior leadership, Program Managers, and external organizations).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides systems engineering expertise to integrate specific architectures and capabilities.
- Assess program design and viability from a technical, and technical execution perspective.
- Apply engineering principles and techniques to identify and manage system design risks and verifies that sound risk mitigation is adequately managed.
- Requires coordination of contractor, intra-Government activities throughout the system life-cycle.
- Provide expert advice to the Program Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies.
- Perform technical and programmatic assessments of contractor solutions.
- Support design reviews and milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability