SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC’s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.3 billion.
SAIC is currently seeking a Network Engineer in support of the Army’s telecommunication systems providing theory and principles to design, develop, install, implement, integrate, test, accept, and upgrade systems and networks. The candidate will provide engineering guidance, technical solutions, and manage the integration of Mission Command Information Systems and components across multiple domains.
Responsibilities Include - Telecommunications Systems Engineering performing the following functions for both strategic, operational and tactical based units:
(1) Design, plan, install, integrate and maintain backbone core-area tactical and strategic telecommunications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
(2) Plan, direct and supervise the installation, modification, test and acceptance of telecommunications systems and equipment.
(3) Design, develop and ensure compliance of telecommunications systems and networks.
(4) Plan, design and manage the integration of diverse types of telecommunications systems into interoperable information networks.
(5) Gather mission needs statements Initial Capabilities Document (MNSICD), and Operational Requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for telecommunications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost efficient.
(6) Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units.
(7) Perform staff functions requiring telecommunication systems engineering expertise, such as quality assurance and control, information system security, information assurance, spectrum management, configuration management and network control.
(8) Travel 50% requirement as part of a Mobile Training Team.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
- Bachelors of Science Degree (or Equivalent) and at least 9 years of related experience required.
- 8570.01 IAT Level II current: SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+ CE.
- Extensive experience in ABCS, CPOF Servers and Enterprise Systems Administration.
- Knowledge and experience on Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012), VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi 5/6), VMware vCenter 5/6, Cisco Unified Call Manager and Linux Command Line.
- CompTIA Network +, CCNA/CISSP certifications
- CompTIA A+, MCSA 2008R2 or 2012 “preferred”
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA6-DCV)
- Experience on DoD ACAS & DoD HBSS
- Linux Certification (RHCSA, Linux + or LPIC-1)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability