SAIC is in need of a Software Test Engineer to support our Joint Precision Approach and Landing Systems (JPALS) program in Hollywood, MD.
The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for designing, writing, running, and analyzing results of software tests in support of JPALS. The individual's work will ensure that the JPALS software is functionally correct and thoroughly tested, ensuring that JPALS is ready to enter the software sustainment phase of its lifecycle. The individual is expected to be capable of working independently and as a member of the greater JPALS Guidance Quality (GQ) team. Writing trouble reports and other documentation will be required to report results and document methodology. The software being tested is mathematically complex and a strong mathematics background is preferred.
- U.S. Citizen with an active Secret Level Security Clearance
- BS in a technical or mathematical degree with 1+ years of experience
- Experience with unit testing and software engineering processes and techniques
- Experience in a procedural programming language
requires knowledge of automated testing, specifically the development,
implementation and execution of unit testing frameworks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with the Simulink Test Framework, or other automated unit testing framework
- Familiarity with the Global Positioning System and fundamentals of differential relative positioning
- Experience with source control tools such as Git
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite including Confluence, Jira, and Bamboo
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability