SAIC seeks personnel who can use rational, systematic, science-based techniques, advanced analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform and improve decision making and complex processes or systems. In addition, personnel are required to: (1) Have a working knowledge of ORSA concepts, analytic techniques, and methodologies such as: mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, simulation, stochastic-process models, expert systems, and decision analysis; and/or (2) Have a working knowledge of the characteristics of a learning organization to include systems thinking, personal mastery, mental models, shared vision, and team learning.
- Design and ability to identify, find, work with and/or develop advanced techniques. Develops creative solutions for problems of high complexity. Directs and provides quality assurance of complex problems carried out by a multi-person team. Challenges both the team and decision makers to ensure they understand the implications of their approach and recommended solutions. Identify hidden issues and unclear requirements. Provide guidance to resolve complex trade-off analysis.
- Understands and explain the strengths and limitations to modeling and analysis techniques and help choose the appropriate techniques for a particular problem. Challenges the quality of data and can validate modeling results. Understands the basics of facilitation. Clarifies distinctions and definitions, can detect and remove biases, and directs assessments around the main drivers of requirements identification and satisfaction, risk identification and mitigation, and effective communication of results.
- Create and apply the appropriate modeling and analysis techniques given a problem. Should be able to collect required data, elicit data for variables required, verify data appropriateness and accuracy, present findings and write/edit technical reports. Help teams identify the steps needed to implement a course of action. Be open to learning and experimenting with innovations to analytic tools and methods.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing intelligence and/or related information and technical data, documenting information and processes, interpreting analytical results, writing and editing skills at technical/professional level, and managing internal and external customer relations.
- Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis
- Apply decision analysis methods to evaluate analytic tools, data, and processes to determine their feasibility, usefulness and value, and present the results
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Minimum of six (6) recent years of work experience in operations research systems analysis or a related field, or a combination of a minimum of three (3) recent years of work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable (for example , math, science, computers, engineering) field. Work experience shall include three (3) years of Intelligence Community or comparable experience in operations research systems analysis or a related field.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability