SAIC is seeking a Scientific Computing Program Manager for our FDA Scientific Computing program. SAIC supports the FDA and their scientists in Scientific Computing which includes but is not limited to; technical and research aspects (e.g., hardware, software, desktop support, infrastructure, virtualization all in a laboratory environment) supporting a variety of FDA Centers. This position will support CFSAN in College Park, MD.
The Task Order Manager will operate under the leadership and direction of the IDIQ Program Director to ensure cross task order collaboration and efficiencies as well as program growth. He/She will be the technical and management lead for a sophisticated and technically adept bioinformatics user community involved in a range of mission-critical and ongoing R&D activities.
Knowledge in complex integration and program management; the ability to ensure secure and superior customer relationship via attention to detail, tracking, and reporting, monitoring and continuous communications with the customer in a systematic reliable manner; a high degree of emotional intelligence; and the ability to ensure team stability is required. This resource will work in concert with the Deputy PM to positively implement technical recommendations provided by TO Chief Engineer in support of customer needs and ensure user satisfaction.
The TO Manager will manage our customer work at a bioinformatics/high performance computing (HPC) site, including:
- 2000-core HPC system, Network-Attached Storage/Storage Area Network (NAS/SAN), Parallel storage (Lustre), highend networking and Software-Defined Network (SDN), and related resources, including scripting and programming in PERL, Python, sed/awk, bash/csh, and C.
- Bioinformatics applications and related systems software to do genomics, search, statistics, and related processing, including Big Data and database management, primarily Java programming, and related support systems
- Server and Virtual Machine infrastructure, including several hundred VMWare servers, Linux and Windows servers, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Security, including management and maintenance of Authorization to Operate (ATO), data center and system access using Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) scanning and reporting, virus scanning and reporting, accounting and auditing, and planning/architecture, including a scientific demilitarized zone (DMZ) with externally-accessible resources.
- Workstation and Instrumentation, including 1000 scientific workstations (Linux, MacOS, and Windows), 500 scientific instruments, and related resources that interface with the HPC in order to submit jobs, run analytics, and transfer data to government repositories.
- This also includes infrastructure to transfer data and collaborate with a variety of state and local labs and commercial partners across Internet 2.
- Scientific Data Center, including a raised floor environment, UPS, power, cooling, System Operations Center/Network Operations Center (SOC/NOC), operating in a 5x12 Service Level Agreement (SLA) with offshift usage and maintenance.
- Routine and planned upgrades occur throughout a service year, including upgrading the HPC, storage, networking, applications, and systems software.
- Responsible for data center reporting, including outages, utilization, performance, and incidents. There are 5 customer sites that will be supported, including one large site and 4 satellite sites.
- Program Management and administrative activities, including Profit & Loss (P&L), Invoicing, Project Management, Process Management and optimization/maturity improvement, Risk Management, Project/Program Reporting, Deliverables, Human Resources, and all related activities, including managing, motivating, compensating, and rating about 30 individual contributors and managers.
- Technical and Business Strategic Planning, for timeframes up to 5 years, including government acquisition planning and technical innovation planning. Government acquisition experience is a requirement.
- Collaboration and Resource Sharing across our government customer task orders, including sharing resources, planning work, and reporting across organizational boundaries.
Business Development (BD) activities, including attaining and addressing contract upside, proposal writing, pricing/costing, and new BD opportunities, at this, related, and unrelated customers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field, management or a related field and 20+ year's work related experience
- Master's Degree in a technical field or management/MBA and 15+ year's work related experience
- PHD and 10+ year's work related experience - 10+ years’ Experience supporting Federal Contract
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and Outlook
- 8+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Customer Relationship management
- Experience supervision/management experience
- Experience in complex integration and program management,
- Process Management, Optimization, Maturity improvement, Risk Management, Project/Program Reporting, and Deliverables
- High level of emotional intelligence to ensure successful integration and team oriented dynamic
PMP or equivalent certification - Experience in supporting FDA, HHS, or NIH is a plus.
A Cloud or Security certification.
Experience in supporting bioinformatics and/or genomics work streams and data is a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability