JOB DESCRIPTION: DTFM Computer Operator I
Looking for a candidate already living in Germany for the Illesheim, Germany Digital Training Facilities.
Job Description: The Computer Operator I works under close personal supervision and is provided detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments. As instructed, this worker resolves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under close supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator’s work.
• It is preferable that the successful candidate have general knowledge of software applications, operating IT equipment experience, workstation set-up, and have familiarity with networked systems.
• It is also preferred that the successful candidate have customer service experience including resolving issues related to desktop IT resources.
• Work may not occur consecutively during the day, and the work hours may vary from day-to-day. In addition, work may be required on weekends or nights.
• The successful candidate shall complete a NACI personnel security investigation resulting in a favorable review.
• This position is subject to the Department of Labor wage rate minimum requirements for the area in which the work will take place.
• This position reports to the DTFM Program Manager.
DTFM is responsible for:
• Maintaining and operating the Digital Training Facility.
• Ensure the facility is available for all scheduled and non-scheduled training.
• Validate that DLS equipment is installed and functioning properly to support needed training.
• Ensure that workstations are available for scheduled learners and that workstations are loaded with appropriate courseware.
• Report system, software or equipment failures to EMC helpdesk. Assist and respond to EMC technicians to resolve issues with systems, software or equipment.
• Market DLS training and system capabilities to on-post organizations to facilitate increased utilization.
DTFM tracks and reports on classroom utilization, and provides monthly inventory reports. REMEDY used for classroom utilization reporting daily.
This position is ON CALL only for as needed support.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
Must have SOFA status for Logistical Support in Germany already. Contract is unable to provide SOFA status.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability