SAIC is seeking a top-notch Facilities Project Manager to join our talented team at Ft Belvoir, VA. This position is responsible for providing the project management expertise for the coordination, planning, and work prioritization of assigned facilities projects.
The ideal candidate serves as the project interface between the facilities Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support contractor and all customers on matters related to customer requirements and project prioritization and execution. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the five phases of the project life cycle to include requirements development, programming, design, construction, and closeout.
Additional responsibilities are:
- Project initiation, assisting in completion of and reviewing requirements documents to ensure that the customers’ requirements for power, space and cooling are met.
- Oversee the facilities O&M support contractor or other A/E and construction firms during project execution to ensure that customer requirements are accomplished on time, to the specified quality, and within budget.
- Coordinate with the facilities O&M support contractor for resource allocation and document control.
- Ensure that the government receives valid cost proposals from the facility O&M support contractor, as well as other contractors doing work at customer facilities. - Developing and reporting metrics to support the paradigm of continual improvement. Metrics will be gathered for a number of processes to demonstrate the pros and cons of the process improvements.
- Assisting with evaluation of the projects with respect to time, quality, and cost.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in business, facilities related engineering or architectural field with 10 years of
facilities management experience in IC, DOD or Commercial Industry in the last 10 years. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of facility operations & maintenance activities and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to team with industry partners
- An active TS/SCI with CI Poly is required
- Demonstrated experience with project and construction estimating
- Ability to manage multiple and competing resources
- Demonstrated project management skills associated with managing performance, budget, schedules, and adhering to control gates
- Knowledge of federal, state and local building and safety codes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability