The International Trade Compliance Associate has primary responsibility of supporting the International Trade Compliance Department (ITC). In this supporting position, the ITC Associate will work closely with SAIC’s Empowered Officials to ensure compliance with all applicable: (1) licensing and agreements activities; (2) SAIC policies and procedures; and (3) US and foreign international trade compliance legal and regulatory requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Act as primary coordinator for company licensing activities, ensuring compliance with U.S. export/import laws and regulations as well as SAIC policies, instructions and manuals.
• Coordinating closely with the ITC Empowered Officials on all export and import related matters.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in providing guidance to internal customers on all matters concerning export/import activities.
• Support centralized licensing processes by reviewing, editing, submitting and providing feedback to internal customers for all U.S government licensing activities, including but not limited to U.S Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Treasury.
• Ensure practical due diligence is conducted on international business transactions.
• Remain current with U.S. government policies, regulations, procedures including Federal Register Notices and Export Control Reforms and assist in implementing SAIC and U.S. Government updates and changes within the company.
• Assist in developing international trade compliance training as well as conduct required training to all identified personnel and programs including general, specific and targeted export/import compliance training.
• Support the ITC Department in maintaining the compliance posture of SAIC such as updating/maintaining policies, instructions and manuals, related governance documents, completing internal audit and assessments and reviewing/reporting potential instances of non-compliance.
• Support physical export/import transactions through review, edit/comment and approval of invoices, shipping documentation and AES entries, closely coordinate with internal transportation/logistics personnel on movement of equipment as well as with brokers and freight forwarders.
• Reviewing and approving requests for employees’ foreign travel and foreign person visitor access to SAIC sites
• Manage any potential anti-boycott requests including working with Legal and U.S. Department of Commerce on reporting requirements and resolutions.
• Maintain regulatory required and other appropriate records and documentation in an organized an easily searchable format.
• Respond timely to ad hoc inquiries regarding International Trade Compliance.
• Maintain the International Trade Compliance site by ensuring information is current and relevant.
• Manage and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones
• Assist in other International Trade Compliance initiatives as necessary.
Qualifications REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Strong analytical skills
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the cooperation of others
• Must be comfortable consulting or receiving concerns with employees company-wide to ensure objectivity and timely response while operating in a confidential environment
• Must be comfortable with training multiple audiences and attendees.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in export/import regulatory compliance related roles.
• Proven practical experience and understanding of U.S. Government Regulations to include: International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customers and Border Protection regulations, Office of Foreign Asset Controls, and Federal Trade Regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current of changes in Export/Import regulations and accurately interpret the same.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and strong commitment to integrity and professionalism
• Regularly exercises independent judgment in determining the reliability of data reviewed.
• Capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
• Demonstrated assertiveness with internal clients an successful track record of creating compliant solutions for internal customers
• Familiarity with OCR/EASE Global Trade Management tool
• Prior empowered official experience
• Prior experience in other compliance fields to include the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act and other anti-corruption laws and regulations.
• Familiarity with FAR/U.S. government contracting
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability