SAIC is seeking a Senior Data Manager to organize and coordinate Navy data management programs. In this role you will:
- Report findings and recommendations to the Government. Reports are usually submitted in writing, but oral presentations regarding findings also are common.
- Work closely with business analysts and developers on project teams as they document their data requirements and establish thorough specifications.
- Conduct facilitation sessions to determine requirements.
- Build logical models. Work with database administrators to build the physical model and overall data architecture.
- Review and advise on project metrics to benchmark effectiveness.
- Work closely with database administrators and developers to ensure that business models are accurately implemented in application systems.
- Provides education on the naming and modeling standards and create modeling specific constructs.
- Review project models to ensure adherence to standards. Ensure data quality alignment.
- Work on and across multiple projects to ensure consistency in naming conventions and promotes the sharing and reuse of data across applications and business areas.
- Ensure that data analysis goals are met.
- Contribute to data management internal projects as well as the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines.
- Secret Clearance
- 15 years professional experience in program/project management and shipbuilding
- Experience in shipbuilding data management
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- 20 years DoD/Navy program management, Government technical management, or Industry business management
- Experience in NAVSEA's surface ship data management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability