This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 444220
Location: HURLBURT FIELD, FL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019
Subcategory: Geo Info Sys Technician
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team that enhances and sustains the Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) collection, processing, exploitation, dissemination, production and archiving capabilities of the Special Operations Forces Planning, Rehearsal, and Execution Preparation (SOFPREP) system. The system provides operational intelligence support to enable integrated SOF mission planning and rehearsal for real-world combat environments. SOFPREP produces three-dimensional (3D) scene visualization databases and enhanced GEOINT data (maps, imagery, and terrain data) in support of SOF training, planning, rehearsal and execution systems.
· Maintain and upgrade web-based applications required for dissemination of GEOINT data and SVD products.
· Support responsive and timely geospatial web services for SOF operators and analysts through software applications including: Data Archive Research Tool (DART), CDB2GEOINT data services, the SOF TerraExplorer 3D Globe, and other tools within the SPPN infrastructure for disseminating archived GEOINT data products.
· Support the interface of appropriate SGS and machine-to-machine automation into the SOF Geospatial Enterprise (SGE), SOF DCGS and with other Geographic Information Systems (GIS) geospatial data services on the SOF Information Environment (SIE).
· Acquire, extract, exploit, correlate, and fuse: elevation, manmade and natural cultural features, maps, imagery and other intelligence source data required for 3D scene visualization database production.
· Extract, edit, and enhance high resolution terrain elevation data from overhead collection
· Editing and creating geospatial informational (GIS) data in support of 3D simulation projects
· Creating 3D models.
· Orthorectify and mosaic satellite imagery.
· Editing digital elevation data.
· Willing to work both independently and within a team.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relavent certification.
· Excellent working knowledge in at least 2 geospatial database tools: SOCET SET/GXP, TerraVista, Oxygen/VBS VTK,Overwatch ELT 5500, CDB2GEOINT, Creator, Vital DBGS, 3D Studio Max, Global Mapper, GAIT, ASCEND, SEAGUL, AutoCAD, TerraTools, TTVS,
TacForge, ArcGIS, RemoteView, Photoshop, RUGUD, ERDAS, RainStorm, LiDAR Analyst, CDB2VBS, or Lithos TerraTools, VBS3 Toolkit, Oxygen, ESRI ArcGIS Suite.
· Experience with geographic information systems data types.
· Experience creating and manipulating multiple geospatial intelligence data formats to create maps.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years of related experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
Travel may be required to various CONUS and non-hazardous OCONUS locations. Less than 15% travel is expected for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability