Job ID: 444217
Location: HURLBURT FIELD, FL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team that enhances and sustains the Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) collection, processing, exploitation, dissemination, production and archiving capabilities of the Special Operations Forces Planning, Rehearsal, and Execution Preparation (SOFPREP) system. The system provides operational intelligence support to enable integrated SOF mission planning and rehearsal for real-world combat environments. SOFPREP produces three-dimensional (3D) scene visualization databases and enhanced GEOINT data (maps, imagery, and terrain data) in support of SOF training, planning, rehearsal and execution systems.
The Network and Computer Systems Administrator will work with Systems, Software, and Test Engineers to determine network requirements; conduct research on network alternatives; coordinate, set-up, test and document network test events.
· Design, operate, secure and maintain the STEN. The STEN is an up to SECRET level persistent, integrated network infrastructure connecting multiple USSOCOM component locations to facilitate LVC training, DMO/T exercises and exercise testing.
· Perform site surveys to: determine network connectivity to the STEN, plan and request DISA point-to-point circuits for the network, conduct installations with fiber and copper-based Ethernet technologies, test their connectivity to local and wide area networks with special emphasis on DoD network infrastructure and DISA Storefront, administer Boundary Security/Firewall solutions, configure and manage encryption devices, and provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution of complex network problems to include multicast networking.
· Support STEN Systems Administration to maintain a networked environment including approved communication networks required for executing distributed training exercise/operational event connectivity.
· Support tasks associated with the planning, design, and troubleshooting of local and wide area network infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches, gateways, DNS servers, DHCP servers, clustering solutions, and related hardware, software, and services.
· Manage the SPPN domain network infrastructure’s interconnecting switches routers and Unified Compute System to include hardware and software upgrades, STIGs, and security patch management.
· Install, configure, and manage SOFPREP’s online and near-line storage systems to include backups, SAM-FS, and software/firmware/hardware upgrades.
· Administer the hardware and software on Sun Solaris and MS Windows desktops, laptops, workstations and servers residing on physical and virtual platforms for classified and unclassified environments.
· Install DoD directed security patches and remedy system vulnerabilities for all systems within mandated timelines.
· Configure and manage Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems (Server & Client) within a SPPN and distributed enterprise environment to include security configurations IAW DISA STIGs and patch compliancy, patch in compliance IAW DoD mandated IAVM programs, install and load operating systems and application software, isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware, and communications infrastructure.
· Install, upgrade and patch G-MIS software and hardware for workstations, servers, storage, and networking devices.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years of related experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
· Experience working in classified environment.
· Experience configuring and managing with encryption devices.
· Solid knowledge in configuring a variety of computer hardware (Server and client).
· Experience in installing, troubleshooting, repairing, operating, and maintaining computers, telecommunications, and network equipment to include workstations, servers, printers, scanners, routers and switches. Experience in local and wide area network infrastructure.
· Experience on Sun Solaris and MS Windows desktops, laptops, workstations, and servers.
· Experience with Red Hat Linux.
· Experience working in a cloud environment.
· Experience performing system and data backups on various systems and servers.
· Experience in providing user training is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Willing to travel up to 25% of your time, both CONUS and OCONUS.
CompTIA A+, Network+
CONUS and OCONUS travel is required.
Up to 25%
Secret clearance is required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability