SAIC is in need of an Engineering Program Manager to support multiple programs at our Engineering and Fabrication facility in Hollywood, MD.
The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of the program in support of company goals to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations.
The PM will also be tasked with leading project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities to achieve requirements as well as analyzing and reporting project economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing
requirements, resources, and risk. Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interacts and effectively communicates with corporate and customer management to determine project scope, planning needs, and reporting requirements.
- Develops, coordinates and implements a program management plan (PMP), work breakdown schedule, and supporting project plans
- Defines requirements, risk, schedule, and controls change.
- Determines whether work is in scope.
- Works closely with client project/program office to document the need for changes to requirements; and communicates change estimate as needed.
- Ensures delivery of reports and implements ISO quality standards
- Analyzes progress and develop necessary recovery plans and/or alternatives
- Manages Contract Deliverables
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in the areas of engineering, engineering management, business administration or a technical discipline is required.
- Ten years of experience in engineering management and supervision of multiple projects in the design of or field service of naval command and control, communication systems, or systems engineering
- Experience with Joint Precision and Approach Landing Systems (JPALS) and/or Unmanned Combat Aerial Systems is highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability