This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 444147
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
• The VMware Administrator will support the full system engineering life- cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation of VMware.
• This includes: VMware, vSphere and View environments.
• Candidate must lead client/server operations and maintenance, configuration management installations, performance, capacity planning, office automation, system management, and problem Tier II ticket analysis.
The VMware Administrator will perform the following activities:
• Responsible for making operational decisions within all VMware Suites associated with system/application activity and performance to ensure stability of the environment.
• Ensure that the VMware system is optimized for the utilization of SAN storage and resource allocation.
• Maintain the VDI infrastructure ensuring IAVA compliance by completing scheduled recomposes/refreshes
• Maintain VM snapshots
• Candidate must be able to adhere to adverse schedules due to the nature of the missions supported by USCENTCOM.
• Expertise planning, designing and leading a variety of complex project tasks applying knowledge of network protocols, architectures and configuration changes.
• Analyze data and provide reports and metrics as needed to support engineering requirements analysis and growth planning.
• Coordinate and assign all work through the use of designated ticketing system in use by the command.
• Expertise identifying, implementing and directing project based software or hardware upgrades while adhering to the USCENTCOM Change Management Process.
• Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI.
• Bachelors degree and 9+ years of experience: OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
• Must currently possess a Security + CE certification (IAT Level 2); OR, be able to obtain one within 90 days of hire date.
• 5+ years of professional IT experience, with at least 2 years’ experience administering and optimizing VMware products while supporting virtual servers and applications.
• Experience in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN storage.
• A minimum of 2+ years VMware enterprise level experience. Examples of enterprise experience may include: VMware HA or VMware Site Recovery Manager.
• Experience implementing VMware with EMC storage.
• ESX 5.5/6.0/6.5 (vSphere) experience.
• HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco UCS BLADE SERVER experience.
• Experience in migrating servers according to resource requirements
• Experience with ESXi, vSphere, and IDRAC updating
• Experience in configuring VMware clusters for ease of management, support of data bases, UNIX and Windows OS.
• Experience in designing VMware environments to scale to customer demands.
• Experience in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments
• vRealize (VROM)
• Domain Controller (DC).
• Active Directory (AD)
• Domain Name Server (DNS.)
• Windows Server update Services (WSUS).
• System Management Server (SMS).
• Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• VMWare 6.x, VCP or higher certifications
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability