JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Juniper Network Engineer.
This role is supporting the US Army Cyber Command. The US Army Cyber Command operates and defends Army networks and delivers cyberspace effects against adversaries to defend the nation.
Specific job duties include:
- Design, deploy, manage and ensure stability of the local/wide area (LAN/WAN) network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in LAN/WAN technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues and coordinating implementation
- Troubleshoot and resolve major network and system issues
- Mentor and train engineers in key elements of networking systems and provide technical presentations to instruct coworkers and other production services support individuals
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their applications
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance
- Carry out other duties as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Must possess current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Desired certifications:
- Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Additional Qualities desired include:
- One of the following certifications:
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist - Enterprise (JNCIS-ENT)
- Juniper Networks Certified Professional - Enterprise (JNCIP-ENT)
- 3-5 years’ experience with network design and support
- Expert understanding and application experience with BGP, RSVP, LDP, MPLS, and OSPF
- Experience in fault isolation logic and techniques
- Understanding of Ethernet Layer 2 protocols and technologies: VLANs, RSTP, MST
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP (both IPv4/IPv6)
- Extensive operational knowledge of Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper routers and switches
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability