Java Developer - REMOTE - Mid-level / Intermediate
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 443303
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
This is a REMOTE / VIRTUAL / Work from home position.
SAIC is seeking a Java Developer to join our team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Recruiting Support Branch.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- 2+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
- Must obtain a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, with the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer.
- Experience with Documentum, Live Scan, and/or Liferay.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability