Project Manager - Intermediate Level
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 443298
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Mgmt Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking Project Manager to join our team at the U.S.
Army Human Resources Command. The Project Manager will lead a team that is sustaining
software in an enterprise environment.
Responsible for managing the complete software development
life cycle (SDLC) of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human
Resources Command supporting the Army Recruiting Support Branch.
- Creates and maintains system change records.
- Compiles cost and schedule estimates for software
- Develops and maintains project plans and schedules.
- Provides oversight of system requirement and design
- Provides quality assurance of completed project
- Maintains the project repository of SDLC artifacts.
- Conducts quality gate reviews with project stakeholders.
- Plans and coordinates software deployments.
- Acts as the primary interface to functional users.
- Completes periodic project status reports.
- Manages project risks and issues.
- Develops multiple courses of action and provides
recommendations to leadership.
- Coordinates supporting resources outside of team.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management or related field. Four years of related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4+ years managing and directing projects.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with project stakeholders.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar products.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Knowledge of US Army accessions operations.
- Knowledge of US Army retention operations.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience managing software development projects.
- Knowledge of IT networks, servers, application servers, and databases.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability