Job ID: 443297
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Entry Level Java Developer to join our team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Recruiting Support Branch.
· Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
· Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
· Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
· A Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Four (4) additional years’ of related experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
· Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
· Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
· Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
· US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
· Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
· Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
· Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment.
· Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
· 0+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications (School experience considered).
· Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
· Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
· Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
· Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
· Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
· Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
· Oracle Certified Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8.
· Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
· Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases.
· Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
· Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar).
· Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Knox, KY
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability