Systems Engineering and Operations Engineer
Job ID: 443010
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking to hire a mid-level Systems & Operations Engineer to sit in Houston, TX.
- Performs system safety analysis and integration, system risk trades and assessment, reliability and maintainability studies, requirement allocation and decomposition, verification and validation, technical/mission planning, and other Safety and Mission Assurance (S&MA) activities for total Gateway systems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of NASA and / or other S&MA requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints. Performs S&MA analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of design specifications with S&MA requirements.
- Develop various S&MA products such as Hazard Reports and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Participate in the Gateway program (and other programs/projects as required) forums to provide S&MA engineering support for maturation of system and subsystem design solutions.
- Develop Lunar Gateway Hazard Assessment.
- Assess the system safety and fault tolerance characteristics of Lunar Gateway hardware.
- This position will require extensive oral and written interaction with NASA customer.
- Review and assess safety analysis hazard reports, requirement non-compliances, and support Lunar Gateway reviews.
- Develop Failure Modes and Effects Analyses and Critical Items for Lunar Gateway hardware/functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline five (5) years of experience in operations and/or engineering.
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Must be able to travel (minimal) and work shifts periodically.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Hazard Analysis development.
- Systems Engineering experience is desired. Spacecraft vehicle and system knowledge is desired.
- NASA S&MA experience is desirable. Infrequent travel may be required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability