This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 442781
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opening for a Cloud Engineer with experience designing and operating an AWS and VMware infrastructure located in Springfield, VA.
• Architecture to support operating and maintaining large data centers for the Vanguard 2.2.1 program.
• The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
• The IRM program enables the Department of State to successfully carry out its foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for data center services, desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, voice and data communications and other unique enterprise applications.
• Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization Team at the DOS Information Resources Management bureau.
• Architect, design, and deploy enterprise-level cloud-based solutions for hosting, backup, off- site data replication and service level capacity solutions.
• Act as the technical team lead for cloud projects.
• Support the implementation of AWS hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple sites.
• Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
• Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
• Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
• Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
• Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status. Candidates must be willing to: travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives; support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests; and travel within and outside the continental United States, if required (not to exceed 10%).
Bachelors with 15+ years experience or additional experience in lieu of a degree.
Must have an active, fully adjudicated, Top Secret clearance to be considered
• Core networking concepts (Segmentation, sub-netting, routing, public IP, private IP)
• Virtualization (AWS Cloud & On- prem IaaS)
• Automation and scripting
• Cloud IaaS (Any provider but AWS is preferred)
• Cloud PaaS/SaaS (Any provider but AWS is preferred)
• Code Source Control
• Infrastructure as Code
• Agile / DevOps concepts
• VMware Certified professional 5.5 or higher
• ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate
• Networking certifications at CISCO professional level
• MCSE Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability