Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC has one contingent openings for a Sr Linux Administrator. The selected candidates shall be responsible for providing technical services in support of the maintenance, development, enhancement, integration, and use of the BLCSE to support of distributed, simulation-supported experiments and ARCIC-led concept and capabilities development efforts at the United States Army –Fort Eustis, VA..
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Must possess a Secret Clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BA/BS and 5+ years’ of related experience or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
All candidates’ resumes must depict having comprehensive knowledge, expertise, and related experience to perform tasks related to:
- Performing professional, technical and analytical duties in the operation of enterprise, client/server and desktop computer systems and networks. The duties include work in the areas of user and systems requirements and analysis, applications development and maintenance, computer systems support, network design and maintenance, and data/database analysis/administration.
- Must possess the following certifications: Security+ certification at contract award and maintain this certification level throughout the life of the contract.
- Must possess a Linux Computing Systems Certification (e.g., Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), LPIC (Linux Professional Institute Certificate) and/or CompTIA Linux+ certificate) at the time of hire and maintain this certification level throughout the life of the contract.
- Have demonstrated skill operating a computer to input, retrieve, develop, and manipulate a variety of data and possess working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office tools to perform said tasks.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability