This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 440245
Location: LEXINGTON PARK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is hiring an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
at a Customer Site in Lexington Park, MD
• The candidate will be the Cybersecurity Lead for an Acquisition Category 1C program.
• The candidate will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise to the government’s Integrated Product Team (IPT), Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), Program Management Activity (PMA) Leadership, and to the Contractor developing the system for delivery to the government.
• The candidate will lead and manage the development of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) package in order to achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO). The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the prime contractor has implemented the established security control baseline, control statements, and supporting evidence have been entered or uploaded into the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
• The candidate will review security controls, security technical implementation guides (STIGs), vulnerability scans, engineering change proposals, evaluate the impacts to cybersecurity posture, and the effectiveness of proposed solutions.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing the cybersecurity Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), coordinating with government and prime contractor teams in formulating, creating, and tracking security POA&Ms.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing the systems profile in the Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM) tool, ensuring that the latest vulnerability results are uploaded
• The candidate will be reviewing emerging policies and Computer Tasking Order (CTO) to ensure that the program understands the impacts and provides a path towards compliance.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing and executing the cybersecurity continuous monitoring program.
• The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and providing feedback on contract deliverables from the prime contractor for meeting requirements and providing value to the government.
• The candidate will be responsible for supporting the PMA through the relevant cybersecurity requirements of the DoD Acquisition Process in accordance with the DoD 5000 series, including the development of supporting documents and artifacts, participating in Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events as well as Milestone Decision Authority (MDA) events.
• All candidates for consideration must possess a US Secret clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least five (5) years of security-related experience.
• Active Certificates for DoD 8570.01 IAM Level II or higher is highly desired.
• At least two (2) years serving as, or supporting, an ISSO or ISSM.
• Demonstrated experience with information security engineering practices and experience with implementation of National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) security controls.
• Demonstrated experience with implementation of NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio).
• Broad understanding of security protections typical in network environments, including security.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability