Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC is seeking a mid to senior-level thermal engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program in the Satellite Servicing Projects Division (SSPD) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The engineer will provide thermal design and analysis support for the Restore-L mission and various subsystems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Thermal design and analysis of space-flight applications
- Engineering support for thermal-vacuum test planning, analyses, set-up and testing, including shift support
- Support environmental test programs at all stages of space-craft development lifecycle
- Thermal control hardware integration support
- Thermal and structural analyses of electronic hardware designs.
- Determine component temperatures for a variety of environments and assess random vibration fatigue life
- Launch and post-launch thermal engineering support
- Contribution of content to and participation/presentation at NASA reviews (critical design review, program status review, etc.)
- Utilize NASA Goddard GEVS and Gold Rules (or similar) as required.
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- BS in mechanical engineer with a thermal focus or similar
- Ability to develop conceptual thermal designs, perform trade studies, and deselect to a design baseline
- Background in environmental requirements engineering and testing is desirable
- Thermal software and mechanical CAD experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability