- SAIC is seeking a Senior Engineer at our Washington, DC location to support to the Program Executive Office Submarines (PEO SUB) Program Offices by performing programmatic and logistics functions.
- Apply the theories and principles of science and mathematics to research and develop solutions to technical problems associated with undersea weapons.
- Perform technical and engineering management functions to technically support development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems.
- Develop significant alterations to existing systems, equipment or platforms to support the warfighter
- Support management of technical resources, technical data, manpower and personnel.
- Provide assistance with the development of engineering support plans and methodologies, production contracts, and Navy production management.
- Prepare and implement directives to ensure effective engineering technical support, and establish and enforce standards to ensure that the assigned work force is properly trained and equipped.
- Develop, initiate, integrate and manage all engineering actions associated with technical management of weapon systems, subsystems and equipment.
- Develop formal correspondence and reports.
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters level degree in any engineering discipline.
- 10 years professional experience in engineering.
- Experience with Navy acquisition and/or In-Service Programs.
- Experience leading a project and interfacing with an end item customer.
- Five or more years of experience working with Navy Torpedo Defense programs.
- Knowledgeable of production contracts, and Navy production management.
- Active secret security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability