Job ID: 441478
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
REMOTE / Work from Home / Virtual Work - is being considered for this role.
SAIC is seeking a Senior Microsoft .Net Developer to implement, enhance, and maintain client server and Web applications; analyze/resolve software-related issues/problems; maintain development software for the development team. Work with network team to maintain server hosted development tools. Work with Database Administrators on design/development and Network Administrators on network requirements. The developer will write code encompassing all tiers of the software development process with primary focus on front end and user interface design and development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Write, modify, and debug web applications.
· Assist other developers in coding and debugging issues.
· Work with business representatives to define requirements and develop technical specifications.
· Setup and maintain software development and server environment for other developers.
· Monitor quality assurance and required up-times of supported systems and their data sources.
· Maintain versioning and implementation of third party products used in the development process.
· Participate in activities accordingly to ensure on time implementation deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with testers, developers, project managers and business representatives.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology and 5+ years design and development. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s degree and 3 years’ experience.
· 5+ years design and development.
· At least 5+ years’ experience using Microsoft Visual Studio for Web based development.
· Demonstrate a high level of competence in object-oriented analysis, design and coding in a .NET server-side environment, specifically utilizing the Microsoft MVC framework.
· At least 4 years’ experience using a major database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc...).
· Comfortable with debugging and analyzing software errors.
· Comfortable with object oriented analysis and design.
· Comfortable working with and writing HTML and XML.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· CompTIA Security+ Certification required.
· Computing Environment training or certification valid in ATCTS is required to meet IA requirements (Can be attained after starting work, SAIC will assist).
· Must possess a Secret Clearance (interim is acceptable to start).
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to work in small, rapid development teams
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability