This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 441675
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer Lead on the OMES II contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) The position is located in Lanham, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
The candidate shall assist in the oversight of the JAVA development and maintenance activities for Planning and Scheduling systems of the Satellite command, control and communications subsystem. This is not a hands-on development effort, rather the candidate shall provide supervision to development activities, ensuring that designed and implemented functionality aligns with operational needs. The candidate shall provide supervision to development and test activities, to ensure that verification efforts are sufficient to determine the effectiveness of development efforts.
- Provide Flight Dynamics support for JPSS-1 including trajectory analysis, maneuver planning and attitude determination
- Working directly with several stakeholders to develop mission software requirements
- Creating test plans and performing functional software testing and integration of software
- Present analysis results to customers, mission managers, principle investigators and external entities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or related field
- At least Nine (9) years of previous satellite operations experience
- Strong software development background
- Knowledge of various flight dynamics software and scripting languages
- Strong leadership role experience
- Knowledge of the NASA processes and standards
- General knowledge of satellite communications and planning and scheduling
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability