Infrastructure Operations Manager
Job ID: 441950
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: May 9, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC is seeking an Infrastructure Operations Manager to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency. By establishing a common operating environment (COE) for all departments within the agency, all users will have access to a service catalog with automated service delivery that is implemented with commercial-grade IT practices. The Infrastructure Operations Manager reports to the Program Manager and provides day-to-day management to meet all technical, schedule, and cost requirements, including the SLAs for service delivery, for the engineering functions within the Infrastructure Operations task.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Systems Engineering or IT related field
- Minimum 18 years of experience, with at least 10 years of related management experience with an emphasis on Infrastructure programs and/or projects, including mission critical programs, IT systems implementation and solution development.
- At least 5 years of proven experience managing a program with at least 100 personnel delivering Enterprise Operations Infrastructure Support Services to at least 15,000 end users across 200 locations.
- At least 3 years of experience interfacing and presenting to executives
- Managing service delivery to achieve defined SLAs
- Experience evaluating emerging technologies and contributing to enterprise level technology roadmaps and strategic plans
- Experience performing supervisory functions such as timely approval for time charging, expense reports, and travel plans; performance coaching and feedback; salary administration; and staffing functions.
- Use of tools and dashboards to track IT costs, service consumption, and performance against plans
- Knowledge of ITIL (certification preferred) • Ability to direct a large, multi-vendor, geographically distributed team providing engineering support functions for endpoints, network, security, data center design, backup, storage, patch management, integration and test, email, facility moves, field support and enterprise monitoring.
- Ability to apply knowledge of commercial-grade, common IT services and service delivery management processes to an organization of 10,000 users in locations throughout CONUS
- Ability to collaborate with Program Management Office team to identify and apply new technologies to support all of the COE services and functions.
- Ability to collaborate with the Chief Technologist to implement a test lab to meet agency specifications.
- Systems engineering knowledge to contribute to technology evaluations including developing cost-benefit analyses and computing total cost of ownership.
- Capable of communicating with senior executives of the agency, SAIC, and multi-vendor team
- Ability to apply commercial best practices and tools to maintain IT cost tracking, service consumption, and performance against plans
- Knowledge of Organizational Change Management concepts
- PMP or equivalent required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability