SOCS SATCOM Network Support - Logistician 5 (Logistics Manager)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 441948
Location: FORT BRAGG, NC, United States
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2019
Subcategory: Logistics Associate
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans.
- Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree. Professional Logistics Certification – i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified in Lifecycle [Acquisition] Logistics Level 3, or have equivalent logistics training (resume to specify all equivalent training), or possess an additional five (5) years working in direct support of defense life-cycle logistics.
- Experience: Fifteen (15) years of experience in defense life-cycle (acquisition) logistics support (or 20 years if not DAWIA Level 3 certified) of electronic systems, to include: logistics management, principles, practices, and processes. Eight (8) years of experience in support of C5ISR systems. Demonstrated management skills, to include: Analyzing Contracts, Analyzing System Design Specifications, Analyzing Engineering/Systems Management Data, Developing Logistics Plans and Procedures, and Developing Logistics Management Plans and Guidelines. Experience supervising Logistics Specialists. Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability