Principal Mission Protection Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 442010
Location: HERNDON, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 2, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Speciality Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
- SAIC has a new opportunity for a Mission Protection Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program.
- This position will provide subject matter expertise to customers in vulnerability research, mission development, and technology enhancement.
- This position will provide analytic insight to sensor performance issues and recommend mitigation approaches, to include: hardware solutions, software solutions, and modification of operating procedures.
- The successful applicant will work to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex and technically challenging work.
- Work as a Mission Protection Engineer as part of a world-class Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Provide technical insight to potential sensor degradation and mitigation approaches
- Evaluate viability of potential sensor protection technologies and concepts
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and recommend technical mitigation solutions
- Characterize sensor performance over multiple operating conditions
- Conduct modeling and simulation exercises
- Provide operational insight to procedure definition and testing
- Develop CONOPS and integrated TTPs
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
- Develop requirements documents and technical briefings as necessary , to include: requirements flow down, verification methodologies, calibration procedures, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICD) and test plans
- Conduct technical research and summarize findings
- Investigate innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis
- Refine and develop measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures to support all facets of testing and operations
- Conduct user outreach and research new sensor operation techniques to solve hard problems
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline such as Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics, Master's Degree preferred
- 8+ years of related engineering experience
- Experience with multiple types of sensors (multiple phenomenologies – EO, RF, etc.)
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, sensor calibrations
- Experience with MATLAB, UNIX based scripting, and/or C++ programming
- Experience with design of multi-variable experiments and related statistical data analysis
- Experience with sensor performance prediction modeling and metrics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working proficiency using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- Qualified candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability