AEGIS IAMD Electronic Warfare Integration Analyst
Job ID: 442221
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: May 9, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a AEGIS IAMD Electronic Warfare
Integration Analyst to work at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC.
- Support the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare
System (PEO IWS) Systems Engineering (SE) Principle Assistant Program Manager
(PAPM) with the integration of the Ship’s Electronic Warfare Improvement
Program (SEWIP) equipment with legacy and future AEGIS Weapons System (AWS)
- Working with other PAPM branches; other IWS codes (e.g.
IWS 2, above water sensors), industry, field activities and others across the
Systems Engineering V (e.g., requirements, functional allocation, design,
production, integration, verification, validation and sustainment).
- Within the Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) cell
of the SE PAPM branch, execute these efforts and help to manage IAMD activities
within one or more AWS baselines.
- Interface directly with Fleet, Participating
Resource Acquisition Managers (PARMs) who manage specific warfare system
programs that interface with SEWIP and AWS, field activities (e.g., Naval
Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren), research centers (e.g., Applied Physics Lab/Johns
Hopkins University), training centers (e.g. AEGIS Training and Readiness
Center), and prime contractors/vendors/OEMs (e.g., LMCO) to ensure tasks are
accomplished, and objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Support the PEO IWS commonality initiative, open
architecture and enterprise hardware process. Interface across IWS and C4I
directorates to enable progress towards achieving the PEOs goal of buying the
most cost effective hardware solutions by achieving economies of scale in terms
of buying power and by reducing maintenance costs.
- Identify potential rehost and common hardware
opportunities across PEO IWS and C4I directorates including all naval combat
systems. Provide engineering assessment of recommendations and solutions
presented by various stakeholders.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute informational and
decision briefs, point papers, memoranda, and program plans in support of Fleet
interaction, acquisition milestones, information exchanges with other programs,
and other programmatic forums.
- Support 1SE inputs (presentations and actions) to the
Executive Steering Group (ESG), Flag Oversight Review Board (FOSB), various
Focus Days, coordination groups, and other Flag and O-6 events.
- Assist the PAPM in maintaining program alignment within
IWS 1 and with partner organizations to include PARMs, Missile Defense Agency,
and other surface combatant combat management systems.
- Assist in the planning and conduct of Fiscal Year task
planning across IWS 1SE and with outside organizations as needed.
- Create and maintain program financial documentation to
include budget, task planning sheets, and task planning sheet summaries for
tasks under direct PAPM control.
- Work with baseline management teams to provide roll-up of
overall financial status.
- Coordinate across the 1SE team to ensure completion of
tasking and assist or delegate assistance where needed.
- Help ensure that staffing supports required tasking. Help
ensure that 1SE PAPM direction is promulgated and executed.
- Support the coordination and conduct of periodic staff
- Coordinate and combine IAMD cell team (3-4 people) inputs
for the weekly report to IWS 1.0.
- Assist the IAMD Manager in monitoring and managing IAMD
activities. Interface directly with Fleet, PARMs, field activities, research
centers, training centers, and contractors to ensure program tasks are
accomplished, and program objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Create and maintain program risks, and assist in the
conduct of Risk Advisory Boards.
- Work with IWS 1AD (AEGIS Development), 1AP (AEGIS
Production), 1SI (Ship Integration), and 1FR (Fleet Readiness) PAPMs to align
IAMD SE efforts.
- Support SE Technical Reviews (SETRs) related to SEWIP
integration and AEGIS Baseline (BL) development.
- Participate in various Electronic Warfare Development
activities such as the Airborne Offboard EW Critical Design Review, BEWT
II/NULKA Threat Library Meetings, and SEWIP integration Technical Interchange
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5+ yrs experience or High School diploma and 9+ years of experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Experience with AEGIS baselines.
- Fleet operational Combat Systems Electronic Warfare experience
- Experience is critical for understanding the day-to-day fleet issues relating to operating EW equipment and how it interfaces with AEGIS.
- Self-starting senior professional with an exceptional work ethic.
- Team player capable of executing independent work with attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with waterfront personnel.
- AEGIS or IWS 2.0 program office experience or similar government or corporate experience is desirable but not required.
- Experience as a Senior CTT (formerly EW rating), Systems Test Officer, Combat Systems Maintenance Manager and/or Leading Chief Petty Officer/Division Officer of a Combat Systems Division with an emphasis on operations and to a lesser extent preventive and corrective maintenance skills and other supportability areas such as training and documentation.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability