Job ID: 2402229
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2024
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Senior Data Analyst/Machine Learning expert to join our high-performing development team. The ideal candidate will have strong background in data analysis, and machine learning techniques. You will be responsible for extracting insights from large datasets, documenting images, building predictive models, and developing algorithms to solve complex business problems. You will collaborate with product managers, architects, and cross-functional teams to understand requirements and deliver solutions aligning with client objectives and goals.
Key Skills: Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Programming (Python, R), Statistical Analysis, Problem solving, Leadership, Adaptability
· Participate as a member in Agile teams to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
· Develop predictive models using machine learning algorithms such as regression, classification, clustering, and neural networks.
· Use sound software engineering principles and best practices to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant, and of high quality.
· Identify and address performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities, and other technical challenges.
· Use an integrated suite of DevSecOps tools to support CI/CD, automated testing, quality and security scans.
· Provide operational and maintenance support including production deployment, smoke testing, monitoring, issue root cause analysis and resolution.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field. 10+ years overall experience in Software/IT.
· 5+ years in data analysis and machine learning.
· Proven experience in maintaining and enhancing machine learning systems, preferably in document processing.
· Strong proficiency in Python and relevant machine learning libraries/frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch.
· Proven expertise in working with Image Transformer models, particularly those designed for document image understanding like Microsoft's DiT.
· Demonstrated experience in implementing and working with self-supervised learning techniques, especially in the context of pre-training models on large-scale unlabeled text images. Familiarity with approaches like Microsoft's DiT for Document AI tasks.
· Hands-on experience in applying Transformer models to various Document AI tasks, including document image classification, document layout analysis.
· Proven ability to leverage self-supervised pre-trained models, like DiT, as backbone networks to achieve state-of-the-art results in downstream tasks.
· Proficient in designing experiments, analyzing results, and fine-tuning models to achieve optimal performance on Document AI tasks. Ability to interpret and communicate experiment results effectively.
· Familiarity with integrating Transformer models into OCR pipelines and collaborating with OCR technologies for enhanced text detection and extraction capabilities.
· Solid understanding of image processing techniques with a focus on leveraging OpenCV for tasks such as resizing, feature extraction, and other pre-processing steps essential for document image analysis and understanding.
· Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and containerization (e.g., Docker).
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
· Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
· Self-starter, who enjoys moving at a fast pace with little supervision.
· AWS experience and certifications a plus
· Proficiency in Java is preferred with preference for candidates who have experience in working with Spring Boot, JPA, ORM, Hibernate, etc.
The candidate must also be able to pass a security background check, including a credit check, to obtain a Public Trust level.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.