SAIC is seeking a Deskside support Engineer with a minimum of 4 years of experience providing desk side support, acting as senior engineer specializing in troubleshooting of complex and advanced end-user issues with hardware and software in a diverse MS Windows environment.
Providing Tier 2 deskside end user support including imaging, deployment, asset management, Windows 10 with strong user interaction skills. Need to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Skills should include:
- hardware and software diagnostics, mobile device deployment, recovery and troubleshooting. Perform IMAC procedures and lifecycle refresh activities.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow a plus; provide updates in ITSM system to document problem resolution progress and meet SLAs.
- Experience supporting Active Directory, MS Office Suite, Bomgar, VPN, SCCM, VTC, Zoom needed.
- Must have a broad base of support and diagnostic knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing, networking, integration and domain administration.
- Ability to act independently in a customer environment, as well as the ability to engage engineers from multiple teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Troubleshoots complex issues.
- Updates status of queued service requests with the IT service management system.
- Certifications desirable but not required include A+, Net+, Secure+, ITIL V4.
- Must be reliable and have independent transportation.
Top Qualifications, Skills, Experience or Certifications:
- Deployment of customer hardware and software
- Troubleshooting IT issues
- Problem Resolution IT support to end users
Job Role Specific Requirements:
- The support will range from simple to complex system issues and may include VIP support requirements.
- The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication skills and possess the ability to meet aggressive timelines in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be able to multitask between hardware and software solutions.
- We are looking for exceptional organization skills, scheduling, and the ability to document processes.
- Strong skills with imaging machines and troubleshooting during the image process are a plus.
- Customer service and communication skills
- Remote and Deskside Experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Installation and configuration of new machines in a Windows environment.
- Smart cards / PIV cards (general knowledge)
- Experience with Office 365, VPN, Active Directory, Thin Client
- Provide Remote Tool Support
- Conference Room / VTC Setups
- HDI Desktop Tech
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience providing desk side support, acting as specializing in troubleshooting complex and advanced end-user issues with hardware and software.
- Must have a broad base of knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing and networking.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. Degree may be substituted with 6 additional years of related experience.
- HDI Technical Support Professional required within six (6) months of employment.
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and
the ability to obtain a public trust
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.