Job ID: 2402193
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an opportunity for a Ground Systems Engineer to join the National Security and Space Sector (NSS) in our Chantilly, VA office. NSS provides specialized engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground. NSS has an opening for an intelligence professional with acquisition training and scientific skills honed in an R&D environment to work closely with a team of engineers and other experts developing and implementing new algorithms and technical solutions. Provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to an organization supporting the research and development of automated target recognition (ATR). Assist in the organization and facilitation of all aspects of daily operation for this organization.
The candidate will perform technical oversight of R&D ATR capability development contractors. Conducts technical evaluation of developer/vendor proposals, develops and monitors technical milestones, and executes funding documents. Negotiates FFO funding, drafts IAAs and coordinates the IAAs with customer management and other agencies. Reviews Sentient products for quality and provides direction and guidance for improvement to vendors. Initiates innovative Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and technical capabilities to solve military and IC hard problems while maintaining current knowledge of what the emerging hard problems are.
The following represents a general overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Research and understand key technology areas and be able to advise customers on courses of action.
- Key Research areas are ATR, machine learning, photogrammetry, geographic and cartographic science
- All source intelligence background, with true multi-int expertise and deep knowledge of GEOINT
- Recognize national security issues and provide timely decision support data to customers.
- Plan, participate in and facilitate community forums in the key areas stated above.
- Coordinate planning efforts among senior management and support personnel, contracts and finance staff.
- Provide support to acquisition, source selection and programmatic processes.
- Coordinate and facilitate technical exchange meetings.
- Prepare guidance on schedules and milestones.
- Write briefings, point papers, and community content to communicate plans and goals of the organization.
- Prepare and update statements of work (SOW).
- Work with other research and development organizations to promote technology and transition projects.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with poly
· BS Engineering or Information Technology with 14+ years relevant experience
· Experience with acquisition SETA support
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
· Experience with software integration to include cloud computing environment
· Experience in operational readiness, rehearsals, and system testing
· Experience across multiple engineering disciplines to systems engineering, software development, and integration and test
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.