Job ID: 2402176
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Software Architectural Analyst(s) who will spearhead a comprehensive study of various software architectures that underpin autonomous space vehicle operations. It is expected that this study will be broken into phases as defined in the Key Responsibilities below, with the person/people in the position additionally responsible, as per the Research Plan Document deliverable, for developing a schedule for each phase of delivery, with final delivery expected by the end of current period of performance or any follow-on period of performances. The Space Systems Software Architectural Analyst(s) expertise will guide the exploration of diverse design approaches, dissecting their advantages and limitations to inform the trajectory of future research and development efforts. In order to ensure unfettered access and to maintain unbiased research, it is expected that the individual(s) will work at an offsite location.
· Research Design: Craft a detailed research plan to systematically evaluate different software architectures used in autonomous space vehicles.
· Architectural Analysis: Conduct in-depth analysis of existing software frameworks, assessing their suitability for autonomous operations in space environments.
· Comparative Evaluation: Compare and contrast the scalability, reliability, and performance of various software architectures.
· Risk Assessment: Identify potential risks and mitigation strategies associated with each architectural approach.
· Documentation: Compile a comprehensive study report that articulates the pros and cons of each software architecture, providing clear guidance for future R&D directions.
· Recommendations: Formulate strategic recommendations for software architecture choices that align with the organization's goals for innovation in autonomous space vehicle operations.
· Bachelor's degree with 18 years of experience
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering and architecture, particularly in the context of autonomous systems or aerospace applications.
· Proven analytical skills with a strong ability to evaluate complex software systems.
· Familiarity with the unique challenges of space vehicle operations and the software requirements they entail.
· Exceptional communication skills for articulating technical concepts and findings to a varied audience.
· Strategic vision for future technology trends and their potential impact on space vehicle operations.
This pivotal analysis will illuminate the path forward for our organization's R&D in autonomous space vehicle software. By understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various software architectures, we can strategically allocate resources and efforts to develop robust, innovative solutions for the next generation of space exploration.
· Research Plan Document: Develop and submit a comprehensive research plan within the first two months, detailing the methodologies and criteria for evaluating various software architectures in autonomous space vehicles.
· Quarterly Architectural Analysis Reports: Deliver in-depth analysis reports every quarter on existing software frameworks, focusing on their suitability and performance in space environments.
· Comparative Evaluation Papers: Produce at least two comparative evaluation papers annually, highlighting the scalability, reliability, and performance of different software architectures.
· Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies Report: Annually, provide a detailed report identifying potential risks and suggesting mitigation strategies for each architectural approach evaluated.
· Software Architecture Study Report: Compile an annual comprehensive study report that articulates the advantages and limitations of each software architecture, offering clear guidance for future research and development.
· Strategic Recommendations Document: Formulate and present a strategic recommendations document bi-annually, aligning software architecture choices with the organization's goals and innovation roadmap in autonomous space vehicle operations.
· Technology Impact Analysis: Conduct an annual impact analysis of different software architectures on space vehicle operations, documenting their long-term implications and potential for innovation.
· Stakeholder Engagement and Feedback Synthesis: Regularly engage with stakeholders and synthesize feedback, using it to refine ongoing research and inform future software architecture developments in space systems.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.