Job ID: 2402107
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Test Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Design Engineer to support the Middletown, RI engineering team. Our team supports the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport in the design and development of several different ATE systems for U.S. Navy torpedoes. These systems allow the fleet to test critical hardware components and sub-assemblies, as well as full torpedoes, to ensure they are ready for service.
Job Summary: You will work as a part of a team comprised of electrical, computer, mechanical, and systems engineers as well as other test design engineers to design, develop, and verify Navy ATE systems:
· Work with systems engineers to analyze hardware and software requirements provided by the Navy.
· Work with electrical and mechanical engineers to research and design ATE hardware components and wiring.
· Work with other test engineers to develop test software applications in NI TestStand and C++.
· Support bench and design verification testing of ATE hardware and software against requirements.
· Work with technical writers to accurately document design elements and develop end-user manuals.
· Work with project managers to identify technical issues and present solutions to the Navy
· Work with junior engineers to provide mentorship and guidance.
Work environment: The SAIC Middletown engineering team is responsible for providing professional, efficient support to multiple Navy contracts and customers. Staff are expected to complete tasks with limited supervision but are provided clear direction by management and task-leads. SAIC managers support giving staff blocks of meeting-free time in order to complete detailed tasks without distraction but also requires team members to work together to solve more complex problems.
Location/Schedule: Work is performed at SAIC but also allows for remote/work at home. Candidates are expected to be able to be on-site approximately half-time in order to work with ATE hardware in-person. The on-site work is at: SAIC, 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI. Flexible work schedule options are also available. Engineers may partake in SAIC’s 9/80 schedule to have every other Friday off or a 4/10 schedule as desired.
Growth: Our management team is focused on enabling our engineers to succeed and achieve long term career goals and promoting leaders from within our programs. We have multiple long-term programs within the local area and are continuously pursuing similar expansions in the future.
Here is a link to the program page where you can see a list of all of our open roles and apply directly: https://jobs.saic.com/pages/navy-undersea-warfare
Education & Experience:
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering discipline.
· 5+ years of experience developing software to automate testing of electronic devices and equipment.
· Experience developing software to interface test sequences with calibrated test equipment and switch matrixes.
· Experience using NI TestStand and C++.
· Experience developing documentation to capture software design details as well as test plans and procedures.
· Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
· Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance to start and maintain an Active Secret clearance for the duration of the contract.
· Experience with Navy (or at least DoD related) programs.
· Electrical circuit or system design.
· Experience with NI LabVIEW and/or CVI.
· Familiarity with System Engineering concepts.
· Experience with MS Office products, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Teams.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.