Job ID: 2402028
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Program Manager with space vehicle and ground systems experience, in support of the Space Development Agency (SDA) Proliferated Warfighter Space Architecture (PWSA) Futures Program (PFP), Ground Segment (GS) Integration (PGI). The goal of the PGI is to provide a common, enduring, ground infrastructure and resources to minimize cost and complexity for PFP space vehicle demonstration and experimentation programs.
This position located in Northern Virginia with occasional travel to customer sites.
The Program Manager (PM) serves as the Government’s main Point of Contact (POC) and is responsible for the management, direction, administration, quality control, and leadership of all contractor personnel assigned to the program. The PM has organizational authority to execute the requirements of the contract and assign tasking to contractor personnel. The PM supervises ongoing technical efforts and manages overall contract performance to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors. The PM will have the ultimate authority to commit the contractor’s organization and make decisions for the contractor’s organization in response to Government requirements, issues, concerns, or problems. The PM will lead a team of highly skilled professionals who provide system engineering and technical services to support our SDA customer’s Requirements/Governance/System Architecture efforts. The PM will interface regularly with the SDA customer’s program office to develop the team’s priorities and provide the team with strategic direction. The PM will develop and implement a team strategy based on customer requirements and direction; oversee the facilitating and facilitation and delegation of individuals to support customer priorities and initiatives; and monitor the program’s activities. The PM is responsible for managing and reporting on Cost, Schedule, and Performance.
The Program Manager will:
· Develop major concepts, initiatives, processes, procedures, PM tools, and programs
· Assess and enhance programs: Requirements definition, strategic planning, and stakeholder analysis
· Generate Program Management Plan and other deliverables as defined in the contract
· Utilize Agile/Scaled Agile Framework/Scrum methodologies and risk management tools to enhance program tracking, coordination, and critical path analysis
· Prepare and facilitate briefings to Government customer in the form of Program Management Reviews and other program milestone reviews
· Directly support the team leads in executing their projects
· Manage the engineering and schedule planning, document preparation and review, participates in engineering meetings to include Build Readiness Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Configuration Management (CM) Boards, and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
· Maintains a performance measurement baseline and manages the program’s Earned Value Management (EVM) system
· Lead the implementation of Agile software development methodologies, oversees the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline, enabling continuous development and continuous testing
· Lead the overall program progression in accordance with the Capability Development Roadmap and participate in requirements definition and decomposition meetings
· Prepares for and conducts internal planning and execution reviews for SAIC corporate leadership
· Active Top Secret SCI clearance
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline and sixteen (16) years or more related experience. Note that additional years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree; Master’s degree and fourteen (14) years or more related experience; PhD or JD and eleven (11) years or more experience
· Must possess active PMI PMP or PgMP Certification
· Experience with space programs to include SVs and ground systems
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools to include SharePoint, Publisher, Project and Visio
· Comprehensive and thorough knowledge of: SDA best practices, business case analysis, creative problem solving, Project Management Methodologies, Risk and Opportunity Management, program activity planning, and strategic planning
· Prior experience working with the SDA and SDA programs. SDA customer intimacy.
· Prior experience managing classified programs
· Knowledge and prior experience with management of an Earned Value based development program.
· Certification as Agile Scrum Master
· Expert level knowledge of CM, facilitation, organizational assessments, process modeling, business planning, business process reengineering, consensus building, data modeling, and benchmarking/metrics
· Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to customer’s needs
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.