Job ID: 2402034
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2024
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager with space vehicle and ground systems experience, in support of the Space Development Agency (SDA) Proliferated Warfighter Space Architecture (PWSA) Futures Program (PFP), Ground Segment (GS) Integration (PGI). The goal of the PGI is to provide a common, enduring, ground infrastructure and resources to minimize cost and complexity for PFP space vehicle demonstration and experimentation programs.
This position is on-site at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL
The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) will provide full-time, on-site support at the Demonstration Operations Center (DOC) to execute required DOC functions, test, and checkout, SVV integration into the ground segment, and O&M functions. The DPM will serve as the Government’s main Point of Contact (POC) at the DOC and is responsible for supporting coordinated classified missions and demonstrations and execution. This position leads the ‘over watch’ of PFP mission operations and coordinates management of shared resources and is responsible for the management, direction, administration, quality control, and leadership of all contractor personnel assigned to the DOC. The DPM supports overwatch of single mission threads, coordination with multiple PFP programs, access to SVV factories for anomaly resolution, and joint cloud-accessible data processing and exploitation. The DPM supervises ongoing technical efforts at the DOC and manages overall subcontract performance to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors.
The Deputy Program Manager will:
· Serve as contractor site lead for the DOC in Huntsville, AL
· Interface with Space Vehicle Vendors (SVV) and other contractors supporting the Government customer
· Manage the engineering and schedule planning, DOC documentation preparation and review, participates in engineering meetings to include Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Configuration Management (CM) Boards, and Integrated Product Teams (IPT)
· Lead the build-out effort of the DOC, which will contain a SCIF/SAPF with an operations floor at the SECRET level
· Must ensure that the DOC is capable of supporting space vehicle payload or mission data at the CUI, SECRET, TS/SCI or program levels via multi-level security cloud environments and cross-domain solutions
· Lead the support team and facility to an Authority to Operate (ATO) Risk Management Framework (RMF) posture to enable program transitions from demonstrations and experimentation to limited residual operations as needed
· Generate Facility Management Plan and other deliverables as defined in the contract
· Utilize Agile/Scaled Agile Framework/Scrum methodologies and risk management tools to enhance program tracking and coordination
· Prepare and facilitate briefings to Government customer in the form of Program Management Reviews and other program milestone reviews
· Directly support the team leads in executing their projects at the DOC
· Active Top Secret SCI clearance
· Bachelor’s degree in a Science and Technology related discipline such as Systems Engineering or Computer Engineering or a Business degree or a related discipline and sixteen (16) years or more related experience. Note that additional years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree; Master’s degree and fourteen (14) years or more related experience; PhD or JD and eleven (11) years or more experience
· Must possess active PMI PMP or PgMP Certification
· Security+ Certification
· Experience with space programs to include SVs and ground systems
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools to include SharePoint, Publisher, Project and Visio
· Comprehensive and thorough knowledge of: SDA best practices, business case analysis, creative problem solving, Project Management Methodologies, Risk and Opportunity Management, program activity planning, and strategic planning
· Prior experience working with the SDA and SDA programs. SDA customer intimacy.
· Prior experience managing classified programs
· Knowledge and prior experience with management of Command & Control Center program.
· Expert level knowledge of CM, facilitation, organizational assessments, process modeling, business planning, business process reengineering, consensus building, data modeling, and benchmarking/metrics
· Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to customer’s needs
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.