Job ID: 2402040
Location: REMOTE WORK, AL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer in support of the Space Development Agency (SDA) Proliferated Warfighter Space Architecture (PWSA) Futures Program (PFP), Ground Segment (GS) Integration (PGI). The goal of the PGI is to provide a common, enduring, ground infrastructure and resources to minimize cost and complexity for PFP space vehicle demonstration and experimentation programs.
This position is Remote with occasional travel to customer sites. Desired physical location is in the Huntsville area.
This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The Lead Software Engineer will lead the review and testing of software components for adherence to the design requirements and document test results and resolve software problem reports. The successful candidate will utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Lead Software Engineer will:
· Lead the design, development, and modification of software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
· Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints and perform quality control on team products
· Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
· Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional requirements
· Lead the development and execution of test procedures for software components
· Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze system flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
· Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
· Confer with Lead System Engineer, Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, Cloud Architect, and Lead Network Engineer to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces
· Coordinate software installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
· Perform technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures, and test data), software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems
· Active Top Secret SCI clearance
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems Management, or a related discipline and eighteen (18) years or more related experience. Note that additional years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree; Master’s degree and sixteen (16) years or more related experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more experience
· Experience in some or all the following areas: Container and container orchestration; high speed networking and network protocol experience; DevSecOps using Gitlab; High-speed, distributed processing application development; Cross-Domain Solution desirable
· API development experience such as gRPC, CORBA, REST, etc., Linux/Unix experience
· Experience in Python
· Providing exceptional customer service working directly with program leadership and technical customers to communicate organizational accomplishments, status and direction to stakeholders at all organizational levels
· Proven experience employing data analysis, requirements gathering, translations, and visualizing information in a clear way to explain the data at hand
· Expert level experience developing use cases and leading Agile implementation throughout the program
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.