SAIC is looking for an Engineering Technician IV in Crane, IN to support the U.S. Navy.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing Leadership and Customer technical systems engineering, experimentation, test, and evaluation (thru validation and verification), maintenance, hardware integration, sustainment, acquisition, repair, and development of Department of the Navy systems
- Recognizing the need for maintenance, repair, and assembly of test equipment (Test Suites, Test cables, and Test fixtures)
- Performing preventative maintenance and calibration on equipment and electronic systems.
- Inspecting and installing parts and equipment used in electronic classifications
- Assembling and soldering circuit board, module, and wiring components
- Troubleshooting and repairing electronic systems using Technical Manuals and Standard Operating Procedure’s (SOP’s)
- Monitoring and tracking equipment, repairs, and preventative maintenance schedules for electronic systems and assemblies
- Developing plans and procedures to extend existing knowledge and tests to account for newly emerging ideas and concepts
- Collaborating with various competency fields (Logistics, Engineering, and Acquisition).
- Supporting Diminishing Manufacturing Services Material Shortages (DMSMS) personnel.
- Creating and maintaining asset repair documents using Microsoft Excel for submission to Shop Workload Management System (SWMS) and Asset Tracking System (ATS) data management workflow systems.
- Supporting the development and expansion of test and repair capabilities.
- Assisting government engineers and technicians in the performance of engineering investigations on production issues to include planning, testing, organizing, and documenting support (Root Cause Analysis and Technical Instructions).
- Reviewing parts and asset location, data collecting, condition code allocation, and shipping requirements for various systems and projects in warehouse locations.
- Providing information and guidance to supervisors, managers, sponsors, and peers on technical aspects of integration solutions.
- Assisting in standing up NSWC Crane NAVAIR Depot repair capability.
- Supporting Configuration Management (CM) team, contributing to Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Configuration Control Boards (CCBs).
- Routinely identifying and assessing risks, to include risk mitigation strategies.
- Developing product integrated master schedules and key milestones.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships through effective communication.
- Associate's degree in related discipline and 6 or more years of related experience; OR High School Diploma and 8 or more years of related experience with relevant certifications
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance; Interim secret needed to start
- Able to communicate professionally and work closely with customer and vendors
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to pass and maintain SAIC soldering certification
- Knowledge of Asset Tracking System (ATS) and/or other similar government tracking systems
- Knowledge of Shop Workload Management System (SWMS)
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.