Launch Integration Engineer
SAIC is seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Launch Integration Engineer to support the US Space Force in integrating and delivering National Security Space missions into orbit. The position supports the Space Domain Awareness and Combat Power (SDA&CP) Directorate and is located in El Segundo, California.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
- Provides critical mission integration services to government mission manager executing the launch mission integration process
- Works on all aspects of launch from initial planning meetings through launch operations and Day of Launch
- Guides the direction of all mission working groups, to include: mission integration, ground operations, flight operations, trailblazer planning/execution, and Day-of-Launch
- Provides technical services for mission program reviews, integrated schedule development/management, rehearsal support, and daily status reporting
- Develops launch mission planning tasks and develops key program documentation
- Lead and manage a team of launch integration engineers
- Guides the development of all satellite to launch vehicle interface requirements
- Reviews and provides technical evaluations of key mission documents to include: Interface Requirements Documents (IRDs), Interface Control Documents, (ICDs), and Launch base requirements and procedures
- Prepares contractor statement of works (SOWs) and technical evaluation of contractor proposals
- Develops, prepares, and delivers documentation and coordinates execution for major Launch Readiness Reviews
- Tracks all requirements verification documentation in execution of the launch campaign.
- Develops and reviews technical assessments and presentations for senior leadership reviews
Qualifications - External
This is you:
- Bachelors and 14 years or more experience or an additional 4 years of education in lieu of degree, or 12 years or more of experience w/Master's Degree.
- Active Top Secret/SCI and must consent to a Polygraph
- 9 years of relevant space launch experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with other government agencies and mission partners
- Demonstrated ability to work with, guide, and collaborate across a multi-organizations and multi-disciplined team to deliver integrated solutions and mutually beneficial outcomes
- Knowledge of satellite Systems Engineering, Design, Integration and Test
- Expert knowledge of the mission integration process, to include experience working launch vehicle to space vehicle interfaces, including mechanical, electrical, mission analysis, launch and SV environments, ground operations, space vehicle transportation and processing, launch readiness, mission interface verification between LV and SV
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.