Job ID: 2401993
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Ops
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The candidate will provide in-depth strategic/operational planning expertise for the development of Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO) and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) policy, plans, processes, procedures, and governing directives. Planners will apply operational art and operational design and use the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) for the developmental planning of cyberspace capabilities for the operation, protection, and defense of the DODIN. Lead the creation of strike packages, and the vetting and validation of targets.
Daily activities include:
· Monitors and reviews strategies, doctrine, policies, directives, and instructions from higher echelon headquarters and makes recommendations to ensure compliance and/or consideration in planning efforts
· Develops plans and orders through the applications of operational art and operational design, and by using the JOPP, within the milestones, deliverables, and interaction points for plans developed using Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) activities
· Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, exercise, combat, and contingency plans and operations
· Develops and integrates cyberspace capabilities into deliberate, contingency, operation, and crisis action planning
· Provides input for the development of TTPs, CONOPs, COAs, and other related documents related to OCO, DCO, and the securing of operating, and defending of the DODIN
· Provides input to address shortfalls, prioritize and validate requirements, and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing cyberspace environment
· Contributes to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation to support planning and execution to accomplish USCYBERCOM exercise training priorities
· Conducts research of current and emerging threats to U.S. Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (CIKR)
· Participates in Joint Planning Groups (JPGs), and Operational Planning Groups/Teams (OPG/OPTs)
· Acts as a full participant and provides substantive contributions to JPGs and OPG/OPTs developing and integrating cyber capabilities into plans, and in support of Combatant Commander Planning efforts
· Fully participates and provides substantive contributions to cyberspace operations planning activities coordination through the IJSTO to include Evaluation Request and Response Messages, SAP procedures, and the RAPCO
· Serves as a technical expert of all planning methodologies and applications in all phases of military operations, providing analytical expertise and expert knowledge of operational design, Joint Operation Planning, and APEX
· Conducts joint operation planning in support of combat and contingency operations without supervision
· Provides technical expertise and participates in all phases and steps of the JOPP, APEX activities
· Provides significant contribution to the development of cyberspace operations plans, contingency plans, CONOPs, and orders
•Bachelor’s Degree (Additional four (4) years of job-related military performing readiness assessments experience may be substituted for education requirement)
•DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level I Certification
•Specialized education in military joint operations planning through the JPME II from a CJCS accredited joint education program listed in CJCSI 1800.01E (The JIOPC, or other similar military operations planning courses, may be substituted for JPME II).
Minimum of five (5) years of experience to include:
•Serving as a Joint Operations Planner (Planning experience may be substituted with completion of an advanced service planner school (SAMS, SAASS, JAWS, etc.).
•Working knowledge of the JPP, JOPES and APEX planning formats and guidance.
•Providing expert SAP, IJSTO, security and IO expert support, analysis and research into complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter.
•Serving as a technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
•Guiding the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.