SAIC is looking for a Drafter CAD Operator in Bedford, IN to support the U.S. Navy. This position will provide drafting and documentation support for NSWC Crane. This role will support a team creating and updating Technical Data Package(s) using Solid Edge 3D parametric Software. This role is for someone who is able to understand, perform and be trained quickly and efficiently to the processes and procedures that are required.
- Creates and modifies detailed models and drawings using SolidWorks, Solid Edge and other 3D parametric CAD Software(s)
- Works closely with the Customer, Engineers, Technicians and other CAD Operators to capture design
- Works independently as well as in a collective team effort to effect changes to design and/or documentation
- Assigns parts, sub-assemblies and/or assemblies to other CAD Operators and works independently as well in a collective team effort to effect changes to design and/or documentation
- Performs a variety of moderate and complex tasks and have the ability to use a variety of tools to include, but not limited to, Calipers, Gauges, Tape Measure, Ruler and other mechanical devices to aid in design development and verification/validation of first article pieces
- Associate's Degree and 3 or more years of related experience; OR High School Diploma, GED or equivalent with 5 or more years of related experience
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance; not needed to start
- Experience with one or more of the following programs SolidWorks or Solid Edge or other 3D parametric software
- Hands-on mechanical/electro-mechanical knowledge and aptitude with understanding of currently accepted manufacturing processes and ISO procedures required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to communicate complex ideas in a production floor environment.
- Ability to quickly complete tasking independently and as a team member, with detailed or general instructions.
- Understand basic CAD operations and procedures associated with Drawing Standards are a must
- Knowledge of: (ASME-Y14.100, MIL-STD-31000)
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing of Technical Drawings and Data Packages
- Understanding of Military standards
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.