Job ID: 2401974
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2024
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Platform Manager to join our team supporting US government agency in the National Capital Region. The IT Infrastructure Platform Manager has a pivotal role being responsible for ensuring the seamless operation, security, and efficiency of the organization's server, desktop, database, storage, and backup IT infrastructure. With a focus on Tier II system support and a diverse range of critical systems, the IT Infrastructure Platform Manager is integral to maintaining a robust IT environment. The role collaborates closely with Tier I support, other infrastructure and application teams, and manages escalating complex challenges to their higher-level specialists when needed. The IT Infrastructure Platform Manager will manage Infrastructure supporting applications and systems within the customer’s multi-faceted network infrastructure, spanning multiple platforms residing on multiple technological enclaves. Specifically, this job will consist of the following:
· Provide second-level support for Windows server and desktop operating system issues, collaborating with Tier I support and escalating complex problems to higher-level specialists when necessary.
· Provide second-level support for various Unix/Linux operating system issues, collaborating with Tier I support and escalating complex problems to higher-level specialists when necessary.
· Manage and maintain on-premises storage platform hardware and software.
· Manage and maintain on-premises blade server infrastructure hardware and software.
· Manage and maintain on-premises hypervisor server infrastructure software.
· Manage and maintain Azure cloud IaaS and hypervisor software.
· Manage on-premises and cloud backups and backup infrastructure.
· Provide support for infrastructure projects as needed.
· Manage and maintain Oracle and SQL databases on-premises and in Azure and Oracle cloud.
· Manage and maintain middle-tier environment working with application teams.
· Implement and manage Entra AD Connect for directory synchronization and integration purposes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Undergraduate degree with Twelve years of experience or Graduate degree with Ten years of experience in IT Infrastructure systems and Application
· One or more current industry recognized certifications (Advanced Microsoft and RedHat, Security+).
· Demonstrated ability to manage skilled, highly productive teams.
· Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing talent.
· Managing by metrics, producing and presenting team progress against delivery requirements.
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage team workloads working towards overall goals and commitments.
· Proficient in administering and supporting Windows Server, Windows Desktop, and Linux/Unix operating systems.
· Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions, hypervisor technologies, and server infrastructure management.
· Proficiency in administering and supporting SQL and Oracle databases.
· Experience in administering and supporting Oracle Cloud services.
· Expertise in implementing and managing backup solutions and knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure.
· Experience in implementing and managing secure file transfer solutions for sensitive data and overseeing the middle-tier of the organization's IT architecture.
· Strong communication skills, collaboration abilities, and excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment.
· Fluency in both spoken and written English, including the ability to work with highly technical and specialized content. Must be able both prepare and deliver such content, verbally and in writing, but also comprehend such content from others, in both spoken and written form.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining outstanding customer service skills.
· Must be flexible with work schedule during surge periods of support.
· Ability to document processes as needed.
· Proficiency in explaining complex policies and protocols in simple terms.
· Stays updated on IT trends and security standards.
· Demonstrates excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to be able to assess potential risks and develop possible solutions.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.