The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division provides mission critical worldwide mobile device and remote access capabilities to more than 100,000 end-users. The Vanguard 2.2.1 Program currently has an opening for a remote access project Lead to support MRA’s remote access GO virtual program. The Project Lead will report directly to the MRA Program Manager but on a day-to-day basis will take direction from the MRA Engineering Manager. This lead will provide project management support for new, operational, and sunsetting GO virtual initiatives.
The position may allow temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
Description of Duties
- Ensure delivery of modern, secure, integrated solutions that enable the diplomatic mission and enhance the user experience.
- Demonstrate solid service management knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate solid project management knowledge and experience
- Think critically and with a broad perspective
- Rapidly gain understanding of MRA projects/systems, and quickly put knowledge to use
- Understand security controls required to move an IT project from concept to production
- Ensure that MRA remote access documentation satisfies MRA document management requirements, and ISO 20K IT service management and security management requirements
- Initiate collaboration with MRA Tier II techs, Tier III engineers, MRA back-office support personnel and other Dept. stakeholders to ensure risks are assessed and managed, implementations are successful, and projects align with strategic goals.
- Maintain working knowledge of VMware ESX 5.0+, VPNs, firewall/proxy, enterprise networks, and Active Directory integration.
- Maintain working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2019 and 2022, Citrix Virtual Apps LTSR 1912/2202 on-prem servers and application technology infrastructure, design, implementation, management, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Citrix Cloud.
- Measure the impact of infrastructure changes on MRA GO virtual stakeholders
- Understand and communicate monitoring rules and application solutions to MRA Tier II techs.
- Understand the MRA lab environment and support lab management.
- Maintain awareness of system re-designs, enhancements and/or upgrades to existing production Remote Access systems.
- Communicate status of MRA projects to client, senior technical engineering lead, engineering manager, or Tier II technicians as needed and at the appropriate level of understanding.
- Support deployment and testing of new remote access systems/solutions
- Test as requested, new remote access capabilities that meet the current and expanding needs of the Department and provide engineers feedback on newly implemented systems, or changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of application developers and the deployment of Department-specific applications for remote access use
- Collaborate with Engineering Team on future remote access strategies and design enhancements.
- Recognize the difference between valid and ill prepared ticket escalations and support the escalation process. Collaborate with the MRA training team to support Tier II refresher trainings r/g proper escalation steps as well as all other remote access trainings presented
- Possess sufficient knowledge of MRA Tier II support practices to be capable of troubleshooting MRA remote access issues.
- Participate in change control meetings as requested and/or needed
- Create, update, and/or make available remote access SOPs, system build guides, technical drawings and schematics, and training material
- Engage MRA QA and Training teams to ensure that remote access documents/training materials align with MRA standards and strategic plans
- Occasional travel within the local area may be required for meetings, testing, or other reasons deemed necessary by the engineering manager, program manager, and/or Branch Chief.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience in an information technology related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of Citrix Virtual Apps, Citrix ADC, RSA, and VMware
- Knowledge and understanding of networking infrastructure
- ISO 20K, 27k or similar knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripts
- Critical thinking
- Verifiable evidence of technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, regardless of audience
- Team player respecting junior and senior members of MRA
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain an Interim Top Secret Security Clearance prior to starting work
Desired Experience, Skills & Attributes
- PMI project management certification
- ITIL Foundation 4
- Citrix technical training and/or certifications
- RSA experience, RSA certification
- Global Information Assurance Certification
- MS Server 2019, 2022
- MS SCCM/MECM
- MCSE and or MCITP
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.