SAIC is seeking a Cloud Automation Engineer to join our account team supporting a major state & local government customer. In this role you will help with supporting Enterprise Architecture and helping formulate Architectural strategies for future projects associated with IT availability and capacity.
This is a Hybrid remote role. It will require working on site 2/3 days a week in Richmond, VA.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Lead ongoing governance modernization efforts, including policy, security, compliance, and change management.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Champion infrastructure automation initiatives throughout the full life cycle, addressing the significant complexity and scale challenges inherent to next-generation technologies.
- Prepare for automation by developing the strategy, teams, and roadmaps to IT Modernization.
- Leverage Cloud, DevOps, DevSecOps, AIOps, and containerization expertise to design, build, and deliver modernized infrastructure via scripting, workflows, and automation (i.e., Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)).
- Leverage virtualization, IaaS/Paas, and Saas as a foundation to broker and deliver cloud and other services to the end customer.
- Automate configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, updates).
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- May support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and bases of estimate
- May support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
- May support strategic alliances with outside vendors
- Remains abreast of the newest cloud computing tools and technologies available.
Required Education and Experience:
Must have a Bachelors and 8 years or more experience; Masters and eleven 6 years or more experience; May accept an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to pass a state specific background check required by the customer
Must have experience with Terraform in a similar environment
Experience with ServiceNow is a large plus
Expert level knowledge and hands on experience with Cloud Scripting and Automation is required, specifically HashiCorp Terraform.
Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps
Experience with at least one Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.