SAIC is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer (Senior Principal) to provide Systems Engineer Technical Advisor (SETA) services for a critical position on SAIC’s Prime Program, Landmark AOS in Chantilly, VA.
Landmark AOS is a large SETA program, supporting the NRO’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
Responsibilities to include:
- Serve a USG Program Office in the development of an evolutionary, revolutionary, and transformational ground architecture to support the customer’s next generation space systems and technology.
- Strategize with government, SETA, and industry partners to conceptualize a future ground architecture to drive the customer's new space architecture.
- Support and deliver capabilities in a modular, open architecture that provides global, persistent, real-time surveillance and activity-based intelligence information. Work as a Systems Engineer as part of a world-class Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team.
- Perform technical review and assessment of concepts, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, interfaces, and operation of space and ground systems suggested by industry through responses to government Request for Information and Broad Area Announcements
- Create use cases, develop models, and conduct simulations to help evaluate ground architectures and trades.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to refine requirements and system trades.
- Provide programmatic and acquisition support to include constructing Request for Proposal and Statement of Work material and participating in source selection activities.
- Participate in design reviews and technical interchange meetings to assess and guide development activities performed by development contractors.
- Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flow down, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success.
- Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's and 9 years of relevant work experience or Master’s and 7 years or more experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience using Model-Bases Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques.
- Experience with the acquisition lifecycle process to help support various projects from inception to completion.
- Practical understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Strong Government programmatic experience helping the customer drive success in all their activities by providing sound advice.
- Interpersonal and communication skills for written reports, group discussion, and oral presentations
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.