SAIC is seeking a Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA and requires a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
In this role, you will be an integral participant in spacecraft mechanical requirements development, design analysis, and verification. Key areas of focus include structural analysis, structural dynamics, spacecraft test, spacecraft deployments, moving mechanical assemblies, and spacecraft transportation.
Job duties include:
- Support the customer in the oversight of the mechanical design, integration and test of spacecraft bus
- Provide expert advice/analysis on accommodation considerations for new satellite/payload developments
- Review and coordinate on all changes to specifications, lCDs and system level requirements documentation including the mechanical accommodation of payloads onto the satellite bus
- Review spacecraft mechanical manufacturing specifications for accuracy and ensure requirement allocation documentation is complete and accurate
- Review drawings, documents and procedures for design, manufacturing and integration, and provide comments to the contractor and/or government
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates to the customer
- Attend mechanical system level design reviews, and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the USG
- ldentify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burn-down plans
- Review prime contractor readiness to proceed into spacecraft manufacturing and test
- Support factory integration and test activities, as required
- Provide support to launch and satellite on-orbit test
- Attend branch meetings as appropriate at the request of the customer to coordinate support activities Provide technical evaluation of accommodation efforts in contractor Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
- Attend contractor milestone reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, pre-test, pre- ship and other meetings) to provide technically based recommendations regarding satisfaction of review entrance and exit criteria
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other spacecraft subsystem subject matter experts
- Advise and mentor USG spacecraft mechanical subsystem lead and other Vehicle Engineering Branch personnel regarding mechanical subsystem design elements
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 9 years or more experience; Masters and 7 years or more experience ; PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience in the design & integration of satellite buses
- Knowledgeable of launch & flight operations of space vehicle
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.